Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Baby Bazaar Experience

Although I've already got some things covered for our baby-to-be, I still went to my first baby bazaar last Saturday with my youngest sister who is most eager to be an aunt. I was on the scout out for baby furniture --cribs, rocking chairs, etc.

We arrived at the Rockwell Tent after lunch, excited of course. We headed for the entrance decked in purple and green balloons, bought one August 2011 WorkingMom magazine (our ticket to inside), answered a quick survey, and got myself a pretty lootbag:


Here's a closeup of some of the (very practical) loot:


Inside, rows of baby bazaar booths occupied the tent. Many booths of which, I recognized, were owned by online sellers. It was good seeing them make a solid appearance.  Even better was that many of them gave one-day discounts or deals, so people were really busy, buying. My sister even got herself some huge, white feather earrings.

Unfortunately for me, there weren't any furniture vendors so I wasn't able to purchase anything. But I did enjoy just being there. First because the line of activities at the center stage were actually very informative, useful and entertaining. I was able to watch some belly dancing exercises and a talk on balancing work, life, and baby, which as a mom-to-be, is quite important.

Second, because going there made me more aware of the smart choices out there and where to shop next time I need something baby or mommy-related. Check out this directory a "bazaarista" online seller handed to me (I'm so sorry I can't remember who you are, there were just so many booths! But thanks a lot!) :



Third, I don't know if its just me, but I think there's something about the busy-ness of bazaars that automatically pumps up endorphins in females (anyone here who sees shopping as a sport?)

Fourth, I had some bonding time with my sistah! (That's me with the pink parasol and chopped-off hair)



So, all in all, I'd say if bazaar success is measured according to busy-ness,WorkingMom's All About Baby Bazaar was a hit! Oh did I mention, I also got a loot bag from Stemcord Philippines on my way out?  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment